Monday, May 1, 2017

May's One Monthly Goal

WOW, is it really May already.  Time is at warp speed, at least for me it is.  How about you?  I haven't taken much time to think about a goal for May, but need to come up with something as we leave Friday for the Oregon coast and will be gone until November.  Have I packed up everything that needs to be moved from the "big" 5th wheel to the "little" 5th wheel that will be our home for the next 6 months?  NOPE is the answer to that question and I'm running out of time.

Oh, back to May's One Monthly Goal which is hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  You can find out about it and link up HERE

Since I'll be working over the next six months as a campground manager, I'm going to make my goal an easy one.  I'll mostly be working on my redwork blocks that will eventually become a Christmas guilt/wall hanging.  Here are  pictures of a few that I've already completed.








And this is what all the blocks will become.


Happy Stitching

18 comments:

  1. oh how wonderful Maybe done by Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope to have it all finished up by Christmas so I can hang it on the wall. :) Time will tell.

      Delete
  2. Nice blocks! That will be a nice finish. Enjoy your summer RV-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I like doing redwork when we are traveling as I don't have to set up my sewing machine and all that goes along with it. I'll get those all up and ready to sew when we get to Oregon.

      Delete
  3. Those blocks are sweet! What a fun project! Happy camping! I think I am jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I have been working on the redwork blocks for a couple years now so it is time to finish them up. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great project for the holidays. You've completed some cute blocks already. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. I'll be glad to finish the project up as it has been in the works for too long. Of course I left it all at home last summer so didn't work on it much before we left.

      Delete
  5. Red blocks are fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to do Patty, especially when traveling.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Billie. I enjoy doing red work when we are on the road.

      Delete
  7. I love this project! ENjoy your redwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I hope to have a finish when we get back in November.

      Delete
  8. You have quite a few done already! That's going to be a great quilt. I am so envious of your next six months. =) I really miss living on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a great monthly goal and stress-free for you. I still haven't closed in on what I want my goal to be. I skipped April's OMG as we were moving and setting up and starting our Asst. Manager jobs. Now I'm ready to go again; just have to look through my projects (old WIPS) to see what I want to finish this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just found this blog. I have been traveling the US in an RV for 16 years attending quilt shows. We are on our 4th motor home and 3rd car and have traveled over 600,600 miles. I make quilts in my RV and make stained glass quilts. Is this an active blog?

    ReplyDelete