Friday, October 2, 2015

Linking up today with Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Many thanks Sarah.

It has been a busy few days since my last post.  We are all settled into our new site and I'm back to having fun.  I did get "Fly" done and have it hanging outside our 5th wheel.  Thank you Marsha over at Quilter in Motion who shared her pattern with me as it is out of print.  You can see her "Fly" here.  It'll be hanging out there until the first of November.  I'm still searching for the right banner to make for Thanksgiving/November.  I did find one that said Gobble til you Wobble which is how I'm feeling today; I have been gobbling way too much and now I'm wobbling.  Back to healthy eating for me.

 
While we were in Las Vegas last weekend visiting family I, of course, went to Jo-Ann's and purchased lots of goodies.  One of my objectives was to find a container to put all my EPP goodies in and I found one.
 
Other than getting back to Nevada after our summer campground hosting in Idaho and obtaining our membership into the RV co-op which will be our home base, was to get all our medical and dental done, hopefully for the year.    So, yesterday my husband had an aorta scan, which I'm sure isn't the official name of what he had done, but its the best I can do.  When we headed out for his appointment, I grabbed my new container and sat in the car EPPing while he had his scan.  I was so excited to have a small portable project I could work on while waiting for him.  It was like being a kid in a candy store.
 
 
I'm currently working on round 3 of the New Hexagon Quilt Along which has two different hexagons which alternate all the way around round 2.  I'm hoping my fabric choices work out as I don't have a lot of material to play with.  So far I'm just using FQs for this project.




I checked out the craft room in the clubhouse here and I think I'll be able to lay out Jonathan's quilt to get it sandwiched and pinned so I can get it quilted and in the mail.  I've been saying this for several weeks now and just need to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I love portable projects! They always make me feel like I'm using my time well. Loving those hexies, such a cool layout! :)

    ReplyDelete