I think this is the first time I have posted two days in a row, but this is a very important post so pay very close attention to it. You ask, what can be so important. Well, I'm linking up with Yvonne over at Quilting Jetgirl for her 2016 Quilting/Blogging Planning and Giveaway. I hope you will be joining it too.
Below I'm listing my goals for 2016.
- Complete my Midnight Mystery quilt. I hope to donate this to QOV. I just joined this group through my local quilt guild and it is such a worthwhile organization. If you'd like to know more about this organization, click here.
- I want to learn more about blogging so that I can get better at it and be more consistent in my posting. I've been flopping along on this and I know there is a lot I need to learn to be successful at it.
- Get a tote made for my aunt as I'll be visiting her this winter in Florida. I already have cute kitty material and the pattern for this, just need to do it.
- I had planned to make a banner for each month to hang outside. I got September and October done and then the holidays hit and November is still in the works. I want to start in January and make one for February and finish Novembers and then in February make the one for March and so on.
- I started collecting material for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt for this year which started on Black Friday. I'll save all the clues and get working on it once I get all the material I need. I plan on this being the only mystery quilt I do this year.
- I plan to make another QOV quilt as I have collected a lot of red, white, and blue material.
- I also plan to make to baby/child quilts to donate. I have the material for two quilts.
- I plan on using a lot of my stash that I've been building up as you can tell by the above.
- I want to complete one Rosette each month for the New Hexagon Stitch Along. I ordered the paper templates for this as I was printing them out and going through ink like there was no tomorrow and that stuff isn't cheap.
- Practice, practice, practice my embroidery stitches weekly.
- Make two cross-stitched stockings, one for my granddaughter and one for my granddaughter-in-law to be (August 27th). These, of course, need to be done by next Christmas. I've bought all the floss they had available at Walmart recently and hope to get the rest while in Las Vegas with family over Christmas.
- I hope to do more wool applique.
- I would love to create a tutorial for my blog, but not sure what in the world I could do one on, but will be thinking of this a lot.