Sunday, May 8, 2016

Main Crush Monday

Yesterday I finished up four blocks for the block lottery taking place this month at the Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild.  The blocks are from Allison over at Cluck Cluck Sew and the pattern is Grayscale Quilt.  Allison provides an excellent tutorial HERE for the block.  Maybe I'll be the lucky one that wins all the blocks that were made by our guild members.

Grayscale Quilt Top, Block Tutorial
This is the picture of the Grayscale Quilt from Allison's blog.
 
My four squares that will give me four raffle tickets for the block lottery. 
Hopefully, I'll do better than we did in the power ball last week. 
 
I have been putting off organizing my stash and it had to be done before we start our summer travels in a few weeks.  So, yesterday was the day.  I had to go to the dollar store and get three more of the small, clear tubs and then I went to work.  First I sorted by color, Christmas/EPP, and novelty fabrics.  I had to get it done as I used our bed for the sorting.
 

 
And the outcome turned out pretty good, if I must say so myself.  These tubs will go under our bed in the little 5th wheel we travel in.  Those who aren't familiar with 5th wheel recreational vehicles, the bed raises up and provides a good size storage space.  After seeing all the tubs in the picture, my husband made the comment that he guessed I was taking up the whole space under the bed.  My reply was, "YEP".
 
 
I usually link up with Slow Sunday Stitching on Sundays but there are issues with the linky tool.  today.  Take a few minutes and see if they have it fixed and, if so, check out some of the beautiful work being done.  Kathy has been working on "Life is Beautiful" and her work is amazing.  Today I'm linking up with Main Crush Monday with Beth over at Cooking Up Quilts.  Thank you Beth!
 
Happy stitching!



9 comments:

  1. Great job organizing for the road trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, it always takes awhile to get everything ready to go since we live in a larger 5th wheel and travel in a smaller one. My husband doesn't have much to move over, but I always have a lot with all my quilting stuff. His hobby only involves a TV and we have one in each of the 5th wheels. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the feeling of a reorganized craft space. I hate the actually reorganizing, but it's so nice to have everything neat and tidy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long time coming, but I had to get it done if I want to take anything on our trip. We'll be gone about 3 1/2 months and I do plan to be sewing and quilting along the way. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the block drawing. And it looks like your organizing has really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Tish for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I have my fingers crossed for the drawing, but not holding my breath. I rarely win. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer! You've done a great job organizing your stash; I'm working on a little reorganizing myself and right now I have fabric piles everywhere. :) So cool those tubs will fit under the bed and out of the way. Living and traveling in an RV sounds like a lot of fun - I hope you enjoy your summer travels! Thanks so much for linking to Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth. Organizing fabric seems to be a constant for me as I'll pull out some for audition purposes and then don't get it back where it needs to be until I have a big mess and start all over again organizing. Travel makes it a must. :)

      Delete
  5. Organizing scraps...the never ending challenge!

    ReplyDelete