Sunday, January 10, 2016

Once again, I'm linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.  Be sure to stop in and check out all the wonderful projects people are working on. 

It has been another slow week for me, not just in stitching, but in attempting to get well.  I'm still on pills, inhalers, and cough syrup, but finally starting to feel better.

I came across a glitch in my redwork project as I pulled out the directions to read through them again and realized I had been using 4 strands of floss rather than 3.  You only use 4 when stitching the words.  So, the almost completed snowman was history as I wasn't about to rip out all those stitches.  I did stitch a Christmas tree and an angel so two blocks done.  My goal for January was to get three blocks completed and I'm 2/3 of the way there.  I think I'm ready to start over on the snowman as he is the cutest one, at least I think so.



We had a lot of rain over several days this past week and the mountains surrounding our valley got covered in snow.  It was so nice to look out and see all that pretty white stuff.  I know the skiers and snowboarders are glad to see it too.


I participated in a fat quarter swap over on Instragram and my package of goodies arrived yesterday and here is a picture of all that I received.  Lots of fat quarters along with some pins, a magnifier, which will come in handy for my cross-stitching, and some small sewing projects.  It was quite a lot since all that was required to be sent was 4 fat quarters.  My swap partner went way above and beyond on this swap.  Thank you Marty.


Yesterday I pulled out my Midnight Mystery quilt blocks and pieced them together and I love it.  I also pulled out the red, white, and blue fabrics that I had and have pieced a lot of them into rows and today I'll be stitching the rows together for the backing of the quilt.  I also have a lot of large batting pieces that I'll join together and then I'll see about getting it all sandwiched together and maybe even quilted this next week.  I'll be donating this to Quilts of Valor through my local quilt guild.  It will be given to a local (Nye County) veteran.


And last, but by far not the least, I finished to bear on the Christmas stocking for my granddaughter.  I think I'll work on the deer next.  I still need to do some of back stitching as I do not want to leave it all until the end.


We still haven't even thought about leaving on our travels since we've both been sick and still in recovery mode.  Also, my husband had to go through a sleep study this past week and it is now going to be two to three weeks before we find out what the results are and whether he'll need to sleep with one of those noisy machines.  I sure hope not.

My plans for this coming week are to complete another redwork block, get the deer stitched on the Christmas stocking, quilt the Quilt of Valor quilt, and pull out my English paper piecing projects to work on.  That should keep me busy for sure.

Happy stitching.





17 comments:

  1. You have set yourself some targets! You have some wonderful projects on the go and I love your cross stitch. Hope you continue to made a good recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah. Each day I'm feeling a bit better and hope to be back to normal (whatever that is) real soon.

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing what you are doing on your adventures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. I love adventures and working on projects. I never know from day-to-day what I'll work on next. :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry you've been unwell - I'm dealing with similar stuff - yuk!!! You have lots of handwork to keep your mind off of it though - love the redwork pieces. I'm sure the differences in strands will work out okay after it is quilted. My husband has a cpap and it is quiet as a mouse. I love it! The only time it makes any noise is when it is not on quite right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa. I'm loving the redwork. Never thought I would, but never say never. Thanks for the CPAP info. If he needs it, it will come.

      Delete
  4. You certainly have a lot to show for a 'quiet week.' Love the moose and bear. You are making such progress on that Christmas stocking. I love it when you add the back-stitching as it makes such a finished look to each item. My SIL's cpap is quiet too. Hope Mile's is if he gets one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marsha. So glad you stopped by. I'm having lots of fun with the Christmas stocking. And, yep I need to get on that back stitching as I don't want to have to do it all at the end.

      Delete
  5. I made counted cross stitch stockings for my daughter and my two nieces...each one took a year to complete. Yours is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cross-stitching does take a long time. I have another one to do when I get this one finished as I'll have a new granddaughter-in-law this August since my grandson is being married on the 27th. I try to work on it a little every day so I don't get overwhelmed by it. :)

      Delete
  6. Your stitcheries are all so great--I especially love the bear and moose! I hope you are both better soon--take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I am feeling much better today so I'm hoping to be well real soon.

      Delete
  7. What a crafty week you have planned! I hope you keep recovering and getting better as you stitch away! Looking at your goodies from your swap, you look very lucky indeed. I spy Cotton + Steel Christmas and Cat Lady prints! :D And awesome progress on your cross stitch, it looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer and thanks again for stopping by. I was very lucky with all the goodies I received and you were correct on those Cotton & Steel and Cat Lady prints.

      Delete
  8. You have so many fantastic projects on the go. I hope you make a quick recovery...it's no fun being sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. I do like to stay busy even when I'm not feeling well. I'm going to be back working on my English Paper Piecing later today. Need to keep life interesting.

      Delete
  9. New follower here; found you from Freshly Pieced linkup. We have an RV which the teens no longer enjoy, but when they've flown the nest we'll become at least half-timers. Meanwhile I live vicariously through folks like you, many of whom have youtube channels. I suppose you have to keep your stash under control, huh? Sorry to hear you've been ill -- no fun on the road for sure, or any time.

    ReplyDelete