In my February 2nd post I had included three blocks I was considering for the QoV quilt top. I chose and got permission from Le Ann at Persimmon Quilts to use her Courage block pattern. A big thanks to Le Ann as I love this block. The next step was to gather up all my red and blue scraps along with fabric obtained from our Quilts of Valor group. My top is a scrappy one, with the exception of the off white fabric and the red fabric used in the corner HSTs on each block.
February 4th was the Quilts of Valor sew day and I spent the day cutting fabric for my courage top.
I made one block to see if I could do it and what it would look like as a scrappy block. I definitely loved it.
Next I spent a lot of time marking all those squares to be made into lots and lots of half square triangles. It took a long time too.
During the month of February, I was overwhelmed with our local quilt guild's quilt show as I was the intake coordinator. Did I tell you it was my first year doing this and there was a lot to do. I did, however, get all the blocks made and sewn together and then the rows sewn together.
I had enough blue and white fabric for the borders, but not red. We went down to Las Vegas on the 22nd so I could attend the Las Vegas Modern Quilt Guild meeting that night. We stayed over with my stepson and his lovely wife, Jennifer, until Friday morning so Thursday I was at JoAnn's getting red fabric among some other fabric and needed notions (my daughter, Jennifer, had given me a gift card for my birthday). Friday I got the borders cut and started sewing them on and finished up on Saturday. It has been too windy to get any nice pictures of the finished top so here is a picture taken in our home (38' 5th wheel RV).
This is my second post for today, so be sure to check out my earlier post HERE as it will fill you in on all the quilty things I accomplished during this crazy, busy February.