Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Internet connection has been horrible this past week.  Actually, it has been nonexistent, therefore, no updates.  I finished my granddaughter's quilt and I've very pleased with it.  Our sunsets have been very, very red due to tall the fires in the area.  Right now the Clark Fork fire is 12 miles from us and extremely smokey.


The label reads "Lightning Strikes pieced (2014) and quilted (2015) by Jennifer Wiltrout for my beautiful Granddaughter, Dakotah McGinlay"

 
I'm still working away at Scrappy Mountain Majesties for my Grandson, Cole.  It is slow going as I'm having to square up the blocks, then cut them into 2" strips and sew them back in the proper order to make the mountains.  I've slowed down a bit as I want it to be done.  The goal now is to get them all cut and sewn into the "new" blocks before leaving Idaho for Denver which is this Friday. 
 
 
Most of our campers are leaving today, but tomorrow I'll be headed to town with our Area Manager to do the banking and campground shopping.  Tuesday I cover my campground and two others and then Wednesday I cover mine and one other.  Wednesday is our last day working and then Thursday we do all our final shopping and getting propane and fuel so we can head out early on Friday.  Hoping the fires do not cause us to take an alternate route to Yellowstone.




4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely picture, that background is gorgeous! Your life sounds so exciting, always on the go and seeing such beautiful places! Be safe with all those fires, good luck getting to Yellowstone too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun lifestyle which is hopefully going to be getting more exciting since we will no longer be working. Time will tell on that. I know I'll be busy with all my quilting and other hobbies, but my husband is a TV fanatic so not sure how he'll do. I'm really looking forward to Yellowstone. We've tried two other times to get there but snowstorms prevented our trip. I looked at the extended weather and it looks like it is really going to be nice. Only 3 days and we'll be on our way.

      Delete
  2. Your quilt and picture are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I'll can't wait to see how my Scrappy Mountain Majesties is going to turn out. I'm hoping to get the blocks finished up and ironed today and then maybe get the blocks sewn together before we leave Idaho on Friday.

      Delete