Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I'm planning on linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.  Many thanks Lee.

It has been a busy week.  Last Thursday I attended the Shadow Mountain Quilters guild and it was fantastic so, of course, I joined and ordered my name badge, signed up for a class to make a "Carry On! Travel Bag".  They put on a quilt show in February, but if all goes as planned we'll be headed for Florida or already there.  One of the ladies I met gave me a 20% off coupon for The Christmas Goose which I had planned on visiting while in the Las Vegas area. 


Making this on November 12
 
Thursday afternoon we headed down to Henderson where my stepson and his wife live which is always a fun time.  Unfortunately, my daughter-in-law was having kidney stone issues so she wasn't able to do all the fun things we had planned.  My husband was kind enough to take to over to The Christmas Goose Quilt Shop where I was able to purchase some wool scrap packs, a small bundle of wool, and some remnants that I needed to make my November banner.  After a quick lunch at Dairy Queen we went over to Jo-Ann's and I found the fabric for the travel bag and a lot of other things.  Everything I purchased was on sale, plus an additional 20% off with a coupon.  That's always fun to save and then save on top of it.

On the road to Henderson (Las Vegas)
 
Goodies from The Christmas Goose
Fat quarters ended up being $.79 at Jo-Ann's with the sale and coupon.
 
While in Henderson, I finished Rosette 9.  I may be changing the white out as it totally reminds me of the character in the Ice Age movies with the big eyes and that is all I can think about when I look at it.
 


I've been listening to a lot of quilting podcasts which are GREAT!!!  Do any of you listen to podcasts while you are sewing?  If so, which ones do you listen to?

I'm also on Pinterest as jennifer433 so be sure to follow me if you are on there too.

We came home Monday morning so the hubster could watch the Denver Bronco game with his son.  We enjoyed that as Denver is now 7-0.  On the way home the dentist's office called and they had a cancellation for the deep cleaning I needed so off I went to the hygientist.  He was able to do 3 quadrants and I have another appointment on 12/4 for the other quadrant.  That should be the final appointment for a while.

Yesterday I cut all the rectangles I needed to add a border to the back of my grandson's quilt and got them sewn together and added to the backing.  Today I'm hoping to get the back and top ironed and laid out on the bed in the little 5th wheel so I can see about getting it basted.

This morning I cut out all the pieces for the next block in the Christmas Mystery Quilt Bog Hop.  I love this one.  It is by Wooden Spool Designs.  I'm be stitching on this today or tomorrow.  While ordering the block I found the perfect pattern for my November banner and ordered it too.  I pulled the majority of the fabric from my stash which is always a good thing.  The pattern is for wool, but because the banner will be outside I'm just using cotton for it.
Block for the Christmas Mystery Quilt Bog Hop
 
Banner for November

The reindeer block is probably finished.  It is supposed to have a string of lights (not real ones) entwined in the antlers, but I really like it the way it is now so I'm going to let it sit around and I'll decided in a few days if I want to add the lights or not. 


I've discovered Mass Drop and have ordered a few things from them.  I'll post pictures of those goodies when I receive them.

We had rain early this morning, but the sun is out now which is always a good thing when you have a dog that needs to be walked.  It was 45 degrees when I got up and I think the high is only supposed to be in the 50s.  I think fall has finally arrived in Nevada.  Oh, I heard there are some freeze warnings out too.

Hope everyone has a fun and quilty week.

6 comments:

  1. You have been a very busy gal! New fabric is always fun, but a good deal always makes it sweeter! :) After you pointed it out, now all I can see is that Ice Age character too, how funny! Lol. We had cool weather all last week but it feels like summer again here in KY. It just can't decide what season it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm busier since I retired than when I was a working girl. Funny how that happens. We were at 35 degrees this morning. I think I'd rather be in KY right now as I think we went from summer to winter with only a couple weeks of fall in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, I really like the new fabric and projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I have been having a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. You have been very busy , lots of nice fabrics ! I love that mystery block . Can you please send me your address for the postcard swap , thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila for stopping by my blog. It has been a busy time, but lots of fun. Looking forward to learning how to made the postcards. I've been watching a lot of tutorials.

      Delete