Sunday, July 31, 2016

Quilt Along Progress, National Park, and More Traveling

There hasn't been much quilting going on in my world so I haven't been posting as much as I had hoped to.  My last post was when we were in Sequin, Washington and where a friend from California met up with us.  We did a lot of visiting, made a trip to Port Townsend, and a trip to the Olympic National Park.  Below is a picture of my husband, Miles, outside the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center.  Hurricane Ridge is an amazing spot with several trails, one of which we walked on for about a half mile.  The views were breathtaking to say the least.


While in Sequim, I finished up the fabric postcard and sent it on its way to New Zealand with a prayer that it will arrive undamaged.


From Sequim we took the ferry (yep, RV and all) across Puget Sound and spent one night in Concrete, Washington.  Our friend, Sage, has a class C RV and travels with her two cats.  After the night in Concrete we traveled through the Cascades National Park, but didn't stop to do any sightseeing as we were on a mission.  The next night we stayed at a National Forest campground and then traveled to our next destination just west of Newport, Washington where we have been for two nights.  We'll part ways with our friend here and meet back up in Libby, Montana in a few days. 

The fabric preparation instructions for the Snowflake Shimmer Quilt Along were posted on Friday and yesterday I got all my fabric cut and labeled so I'm ready for the next link up this Friday. 


I also pulled out my kitty redwork and did a little bit on that.



We have been on the road now for a little over two months and have a little less than a month until my grandson's wedding.  I haven't seen my kids and grandkids since last September at my son's wedding so I'm very anxious to get to the Denver area to see everyone.

A biggie in my life is that I have received the material (at my daughter's in Littleton, Colorado) for the Cloud9 New Block Blog Hop taking place in September.  The participants are creating a block and then posting a tutorial for it.  My first attempt at writing a tutorial.  I have two blocks in mind to create and will be working them up when we get to Colorado.    Be sure to stay tuned to see what everyone creates.

The fabric provided to all participants of the Blog Hop
 

Today we leave for Sam Owen Campground in Hope, Idaho where we were campground managers for the past three summers.  We'll meet up with some good friends while there.

Linking up today with Slow Sunday Stitching.  Hope to work on my redwork somemore today once we get settled into our next campground.

Happy stitching! 

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. It is definitely outside my box.

      Delete
  2. have fun! kind of miss not traveling this year, maybe we can get in a little this fall and hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. I hope you do get to get some traveling in this year. We are having a great time visiting new places and visiting with old friend.

      Delete
  3. The fabric postcard is really lovely, and I hope it has a safe journey. I was excited to see your fabric cut already for the QAL, too. :) And don't forget that you can reach out to others participating in the new block blog hop and offer to proof read their tutorial in exchange for them looking over yours. It can help reduce the stress of publishing your first tutorial if you have another set of eyes look it over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Yvonne to have a tutorial partner. I had to get my fabric cut when I had the opportunity as we are on the road a lot this week and visiting friends so wasn't sure when I would have time. Starting Thursday we'll have electric again. WooHoo!

      Delete
  4. Your redwork is very cute and your travels sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I really enjoy doing handwork and the redwork goes pretty fast since I don't have to change colors. :)

      Delete
  5. You've been busy! I love the fabric postcard, I'll throw up a prayer for its safe travel as well! Love the kitty redwork, so charming. Good luck with your tutorial, such an exciting challenge to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. The fabric postcards are fun to make and don't take long at all. This is the first time my swap partner has been international. Today is the day I'm goinng to make the decision on which block to create and get busy on the tutorial.

      Delete
  6. Love that redwork with all the creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I have lots of fun doing the redwork and it is very relaxing to work on.

      Delete
  7. The All Creatures Great and Small will make a sweet embroidery design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I am having a lot of fun working on all those cute redwork creatures. Happy stitching!

      Delete
  8. Every time I see an RV I think, why are we not on the road right now????? Soon! We decided to do Route 66...not sure how far we will make it, but I cannot wait! I got my fabric from Cloud 9 as well...beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! How fun to do Route 66. My husband has done some of it, but I've not been on it and would love to do it. Maybe next year. Have your designed a block before? I haven't, but have to ideas in mind that I haven't see in my searches. I also never done a tutorial so I am way out of my box on this one. :)

      Delete
  9. I love that fabric postcard. Your redwork is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie J for visiting my blog and taking the time to post a comment. It is fun to make the fabric postcards and exchange them in a swap. Love doing the redwork too as it is very relaxing.

      Delete
  10. Love the postcard and your redwork embroidery is wonderful, great design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun to see that you were recently in my neck of the woods! I'm excited to see what you come up with for the New Block Blog Hop. I've got some ideas so far, but nothing set in stone yet. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete