Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year and One Monthly Goal

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  May your year be full of joy, good health and lots of quilty fun.

This new year brings lots of new quilting opportunities for me.  One thing I hope to stick with is One Monthly Goal which is hosted by Patty over at Elm Street Quilts.  Check out the information HERE and see all the GREAT sponsors and prizes.  I had hoped to do this last year, but it just didn't happen.

My One Monthly Goal for January is to finish up the project I've been working on for the Alison Glass Challenge Linky Party hosted by Yvonne at quilting JETgirl.  Yvonne announced the challenge the first week in December.  I didn't have any AG fabrics so I went online shopping and ended up purchasing a fat 1/8 bundle of AG Sun Prints and they are gorgeous.  I created a paper piecing plan in EQ7 and worked on it with some test fabric and I ended up dumping that plan and created a new one.    Here are a couple sneak peeks of what I'm working on.

My EQ7 Design and Some of the Fabric

Working Away on Marion, a/k/a Bernina
 
Fabric Left Over Fat 1/8 Piece


As for 2017, I have my Quilter's Planner all filled in with birthdays, anniversaries, and appointments and ready for the fun to begin.  I used this planner last year and loved it and this year's planner has lots of terrific upgrades.

Happy stitching,

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited to see what you create with your Alison Glass fabric! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too Yvonne. So far it is going well even though Christmas got in the way for a few days. I hope it turns out the way I expect it to. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh, I love Alison Glass! I'm resisting buying any of the sun prints right now since I'm still working on my Alison Glass fabric from last Christmas. Lol. Loving the sneak peeks so far, can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, this is the first Alison Glass I've purchased and I'm loving it. I look forward to seeing what you are going to make with yours from last Christmas. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for filling us in on your monthly goal. I'll go check this out. Your fabric is lovely and the paper-piecing looks like it will be fun and I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha for stopping by. I'm having lots of fun with this challenge. I hope you get your blog back up and running soon as I keep getting a message that something went wrong. :(

      Delete
  4. Such pretty fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty, I sure hope I can meet my goal as there is a lot going on for me in January, mostly our guild's quilt show in February, but intake is in January and I'm the intake coordinator. :)

      Delete