Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!!!    I'm linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching today.

I don't have too much to report on this week, but I did get the Independence Square block for the Westering Women BOM for January made.  The next block will be posted on February 24th.  I do like the homespun fabric I ended up using.  For some unknown reason I had purchased two fat quarter bundles with no plans for them so decided to use them for this project. 




As far as the Christmas stocking for my granddaughter, I finished the trees and some falling snow.  Next up on the stocking will be the eagle.  There will still be a lot more to do when the eagle is finished and back stitched. 


I also got a lot of my next round of EPP pieces all basted and ready to whip stitch together.  No picture though.


We leave today for a short trip down to Arizona to see a couple friends, do a little sightseeing, and most importantly just get away.  There are two wildlife refuges we hope to visit too.  We plan is to stay a week at an RV resort which has a pool, spa, clubhouse with lots of activities and, of course, I have my quilting and handwork to hopefully keep me out of trouble.  I've also downloaded several audio books from the library that I'll listen to as we travel and while I'm stitching.  I've packed material for two baby quilts that I hope to get cut out while we are there.

Happy stitching,


12 comments:

  1. Lovely Westering block... looks great in homespuns!
    ENjoy your travel and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. We are having fun in Arizona, except for the rattlesnakes as we have our dog Lola who needs to be walked and I hate snakes.

      Delete
  2. I love your home spun block--it will be a cozy quilt! Safe traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The next Westering Women block comes out this next Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Homespuns heading West OH! That will be so lovely, my cup of tea for sure. Very nice and so is the xstitching. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Chantal. I haven't done much cross-stitching since we've been traveling so I have some catching up to do to stay on track.

      Delete
  4. My goodness you are ambitious while you are traveling. I love how the stocking is progressing. The homespun block is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathie. We are enjoying our week here in Arizona. I've gotten most of my redwork done for the month. I'll post those pictures on Sunday so stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. Safe travels to you.May I ask what pattern you are using for the cross stitch? It is lovely with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb. The pattern is called Winter Wildlife Christmas and is one of four Christmas stockings in a booklet by Stoney Creek entitled "Best of Stoney Creek Stockings I".

      Delete
  6. I made cross stitch stockings for my daughter and my two nieces...each one too about a year to make. Your project is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stockings do take a long time to make and I need to do two before Christmas. I hope to get the eagle done this week, but have a lot more to do to accomplish that.

    ReplyDelete