Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Three's a Charm

Three projects that I'm working on today.  Linking up to Linky Tuesday, Freemotion on the River.

First is my "Hangin' with the Boys" banner that is just about done.  He's all pinned and ready to quilt and bind.  The last step is sewing on the buttons for his eyes and shirt.  Then I'll have my husband stain and varnish a piece of driftwood I picked up along Lake Pend Orielle in Idaho this summer to hang it from.  Better get him working on that project today.


 

 

Second is the backing for my grandson's quilt, Scrappy Mountain Majesties.  I have all the rows finished and will be sewing the rows together today.




Third is working on my flying geese for the Midnight Mystery QAL being put on by Cheryl over at Meadow Mist Designs.  My geese are a bit out of whack so today I've got to rip and resew a couple of them and then get my scant 1/4 inch seems right. 



It's not to late to join this QAL. 

6 comments:

  1. "Hanging With the Boys" is adorable!! I love the piece of drift wood from which it will hang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Ramona. I gave my husband the task of adding stain and/or a finish on it today so I'm hoping by the time I finish quilting it he'll have the driftwood finished. What a concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little scarecrow! I made one a couple years ago, fun to display in the fall. Speaking of which I should go get my fall decor out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. He has been fun to make, but I do need to get back to my "big" projects. I had to take a break and do something that I could finish in a few days instead of a few weeks or months.

      Delete
  4. I love the driftwood to hang your scarecrow from, such character! You've got your to-do list all ready to go, I need to try and be as productive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LBC. It's already 2:00 PM and I haven't started on that to-do list though. Oops!!! I did have to get the grocery shopping done and that always takes awhile.

      Delete