Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Work in Progess Wednesday

Linking up today with Freshly Pieced's WiP Wednesday.  Thank you Lee for sponsoring this linky party.

As usual, I have a few things in the works.  Since we will be hitting the road sometime this winter (gotta get all the doctor and dental appointments taken care of before we can leave.  Did 3 tests today and a flu shot tomorrow, next is the cataract appointment and dental), I need a quilting project that will be somewhat mobile I can take along on the trip.  So, after lots of looking around on the Internet I came up with The New Hexagon:  52 Blocks to English Paper Piece by Katja Marek and there is a Quilt Along with a Facebook group.  You can find out all about the QAL here. I started the second round today and then didn't like the fabrics I chose so a hunt began.  I may start all over again with a FQ bundle I got on Monday which is all coordinating fabrics which will make it a bit easier.

 
 
This is what happens when I'm looking for material options.  It's not pretty at all.
 

 
Now that I have Hangin' with the Boys hanging outside our 5th wheel, I need something for October/Halloween.  My Blog friend, Marsha, was kind enough to share her pattern for FLY which is from a magazine long out of print. Be sure to check out her FLY wall hanging here.  I've been pulling fabric options together for it.  Here is what I have so far:
 

 
 
I also have my Midnight Mystery Quilt in the works and I've finally gotten caught up.  It is never to late to join so hop on over to Meadow Mist Designs and check it out.  If you don't know me, I love mystery quilts.  Thank you Cheryl for putting this one together.  Just waiting for the October clue to get moving on this again.  Clue one was picking fabric, two was all about cutting all the fabric up, three was making flying geese a new way (to me anyway) and four was square in a square.
 
 
I think that is enough project for now.  Oh, but wait, I still have my grandson's quilt to sandwich together and quilt.  Enough already.  Happy quilting.




2 comments:

  1. You are so productive, I'm jealous! :) For the last week or so, I've barely touched my sewing machine. Half the time I'm just falling into bed to rest up for tomorrow. But I'm hoping to make some progress tomorrow since I'm off and not too terribly busy! Your sewing space is so tidy too, even with the fabric hunting! Love the Halloween banner, can't wait to see how it looks with your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just productive in the quilting realm because I am now retired and have lots of time to do all the fun things I enjoy. :-)

      Delete