Sunday, September 13, 2015

We are now at our temporary homebase in Pahrump, NV, having arrived yesterday and boy is hot here, as in 109 yesterday and 101 today.  Needless to say we are staying inside as much as possible.  I have been working on my banner, "Hangin' with the Boys" by Bloomin Minds.  I blanket stitched around everything except the overalls and backstitched the scarecrow's mouth and straw hair.  I'll do some stash shopping and come up fabric for the borders and backing.  I hope to get that all done tomorrow along with some grocery shopping.  Here is how it looks so far.  Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.


As soon as I finish my fall banner, I'll be back working on my grandson's "Scrappy Mountain Majesties" quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Hanging With The Boys! Stay inside and sew! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanne. I'm definitely staying inside as much as possible until it gets cooler. Hot weather is a good excuse to stay in and sew. :-)

    ReplyDelete